Local Agriculture Support:
These local organizations provide support for local food systems.
- Buy Fresh Buy Local Site for Virginia – connects consumers with local producers to support sustainable agriculture in Virginia.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Agriculture and Natural Resources – offers technical advice, soil testing service support to farmers and more.
- Office of Farmland Preservation, State of Virginia – supports retiring farmers wanting to continue their land in farming and new farmers seeking land, equipment and business opportunities.
- Agri-Tourism – an informative technical publication of the Virginia Cooperative Extension for anyone wanting to expand their farm business to include tourism and visitors.
- USDA National Organic Program – read from the source what constitutes organic and how the certification process is structured.
- American Farm Bureau – long standing farming advocate.